Volunteering at Mercy Hospital of Folsom
At Mercy Hospital of Folsom, we believe that just one person can make a profound difference in others' lives. That's a belief shared by our volunteers - ordinary people who reach beyond themselves to help those in need. Every day, these volunteers bring a caring touch to our hospital, clinics and to people throughout the community.
Volunteering is good for you! Satisfaction comes from knowing that you make a difference to patients, staff and the community. As a volunteer, you may learn new skills in addition to discovering good friends and associates.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. They must be dependable, interested in helping others and have a positive attitude. Tuberculosis (TB) tests and a health clearance from the hospital Employee Health Department are required.
Each volunteer receives an orientation to Mercy Hospital of Folsom, its mission, goals and departments. Specific-on-the-job training is given to volunteers until they are comfortable with their assignments.
- Greeting and assisting the public, answering questions and giving directions
- Supporting patients, visitors, families, and staff in the Emergency Department, the surgical waiting room and nursing units
- Performing clerical activities
- Delivering flowers, mail, newspapers and other reading materials
- Assisting at medical screenings, health fairs and other events
Join Our Team
For more information about volunteering at Mercy Hospital of Folsom, please contact the Auxiliary Department at (916) 984-7371.
For your convenience, this Application for Auxiliary Membership can be printed, completed and mailed to Mercy Folsom.