If you are faced with a medical emergency or urgent care need, Mercy Hospital of Folsom’s Emergency Department has physicians on site, 24-hour access to state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging equipment and surgical services to assist in the delivery of quality emergency care.
- All patients are seen by qualified health care professional in 15 minutes or less after registering
- Certified as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission
- Medical and surgical specialists on call 24 hours a day including: Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics, Orthopedics, Neurology, Ophthalmology and Urology
- 25 private rooms
- Two critical resuscitation rooms
- Two specialized treatment rooms
- A high capacity decontamination room
- Two isolation rooms
The design of the unit incorporates the healing principles of color and art. Each of the rooms is designed to help quell patient anxiety, featuring earth tones and photographs of natural scenes from the foothills region.
Hand-in-hand with the Emergency Department, Mercy Folsom made a $6.4 million investment in digitally compatible diagnostic imaging technology.
The Cummings Emergency Pavilion’s Cimaroli Lobby was designed with our patients’ needs in mind. Its comfortable and spacious design provides privacy for patients and family members during registration and triage.
The lobby features a multimedia piece of art as its centerpiece. Folsom’s Finest Artists Lisa Deniz, Brandy Hart-Ureel, Randy Blasquez and Julie Bjorgum collaboratively created the art.